1 - 2
Full Time


Att: 730

Adam Forde’s late strike for Pollok wasn’t enough to overcome Auchinleck on Saturday down at Newlandsfield after a series of missed chances. Following the game, Tony McInally said his “hands were forced” in a game which whistler David Dickinson provided most of the discussion. After a positive start, the hosts found themselves 1-0 down to a Stephen Wilson penalty for the visitors after Lok defender Mohammed ‘Sena’ Niang was adjudged to have brought down Jamie Glasgow in the box on 19 minutes.

A period of missed chances followed for Lok, with David Gormley on one occasion only having to tap into an empty net after being played in by Gary McCann after bettering Talbot Keeper Andy Leishman at the edge of the box – a lack of match fitness showed for Gormley who was beaten to the ball by the Talbot defender knocking it out for a corner from 6 yards. Stefan McCluskey was next to miss an open goal, firing over from 19 yards on the left hand side of the box after Leishman was caught off his line.Lok found themselves staring at a two goal deficit on half an hour after a series of poor passes from the Lok midfield led to Mark Shankland being fed through to fire a cross – come – shot into the bottom right corner from 12 yards to make it 2-0 to Talbot.

Lok huffed and puffed in the second half with chances falling for Stuart McCann, David Gormley, Stef McCluskey and Gary McCann just missing the mark, then only to have Stef McCluskey sent off for dissent in 77 minutes and Gary McCann for a foul on 86 minutes respectivley. Stuart McCann had a shout for a penalty turned down after being felled by Leishman in the box following Gormleys interception just before halfway, driving towards the goal only to be pulled back, choosing not to fall and play in his young strike partner who took a touch and was met by Leishmans body. Adam Forde’s swift turn and shot into the bottom right hand corner on 90 minutes called for a tense final few minutes for the Talbot rearguard but they saw off a header from Gormley and any other threat.

Match report by Christopher Dodds

Highlights courtesy of lokpars and Mark Donnelly

Match officials

Referee: David Dickinson

AR1: Kevin McElhinney

AR2: Michael McCart


Date Time League Season Full Time
February 3, 2018 14:00 West Super League Premier Division 2017-18 90'


Newlandsfield Park
3 Newlandsfield Rd, Glasgow G43 2XU, UK