Pollok Football Club look forward to welcoming Auchinleck Talbot and their support to Newlandsfield this Saturday for what is surely the pick of the ties in round 3 of the Scottish Junior Cup.
Since we are expecting a significantly larger than average crowd, some extra security steps will be in place to ensure that the occasion is enjoyable for all spectators.
We would ask all Pollok, Auchinleck and neutral supporters to familiarise themselves with the following:
- At the request of the Scottish Junior FA, there will be a police presence at the game.
- In addition there will be G4S stewards present on the day to assist the police in managing the crowd.
- Absolutely NO alcohol will be permitted inside the ground under any circumstances. All supporters are cordially requested to comply fully with this decision, as neither club is responsible for any expense or disappointment resulting from attempts to ignore it.
- However, the function suite of Lok's Bar and Kitchen (the former social club premises) will be open to supporters from 12:30pm and after the game. There will be pies and programmes available.
- While extra entrance gates will be open, queues are expected. It is advised that supporters adjust their match day routine to facilitate early arrival at Newlandsfield.
- There will be a 'correct money' gate opened to ease congestion at the gate.
- Ambulance Scotland staff will be present to assist in case of emergency.
- We suggest that supporters buses park on Auldhouse Road, as Newlandsfield Road has extremely limited parking
With the eyes of the Junior world and beyond watching, we all have a responsibility to show the Juniors up in the best possible light and make Saturday's match the footballing spectacle it deserves to be. With your co-operation, we can do just that.