Firstly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all Pollok supporters and Committee - I hope Santa was good to you all!!
I wanted to write a short note of thanks to you all for your fantastic support throughout 2015 - your support and encouragement to the players and management team has been magnificent and we very much appreciate this every week.
As manager of Pollok FC, I am very honoured and proud to be your manager and it was very pleasing to see our club back to winning trophies again in 2015 - being the first relegated club to win the Super First Division and also winning the coveted Cup Winners Cup was fantastic so the players deserve great credit for how they performed throughout the season.
A few highs to pick out were winning trophies again, our Scottish Cup run and also competing at the very top end of the junior game again - it was also great to see players playing football in the correct way and Pollok players and supporters with a smile on their faces too.
Personal highlights were:
- Our skipper Paul Gallacher return from serious injury to show his class in Super Premier League.
- David Winters reaching 50 goals this year - phenomenal achievement and hopefully more to come too.
- Young players such as Findlay Frye, Jordan Longmuir, Steven higgins and Derek Hepburn showing their talents.
- New players such as Chris Walker, Mark Sideserf, Colin Williamson and Ross McCabe settling in and doing well.
- Robbie Winters showing how good a player he is and helping to mentor our younger players too.
- Tam Hanlon picking up the Player of the year which was richly deserved.
Looking ahead to 2016 there is more to come from this team and we hope to grow and develop as a team to have a successful year
Thanks again for your tremendous support and please keep encouraging the players,