The ETHX Energy Scottish Junior Cup is the highest-profile day in the Junior Football calendar. It is essential for everyone associated with Pollok shows the club in the best way possible throughout the day.
As you will no doubt be aware, the behaviour of supporters at other recent cup finals has placed the need for supporter discipline firmly in the spotlight. We would urge anyone considering entering the pitch at any point in proceedings to think very carefully about their actions, and the way their behaviour may reflect on themselves and on the club.
We would also ask that all supporters planning to attend the match read, and take note of the following points, which have been compiled between the SJFA, Kilmarnock FC, Police Scotland and both finalists.
- All supporters should arrive at the ground in plenty of time. Kick off is at 16:05 sharp, so please, when planning your day make an early arrival at Rugby Park a priority.
- Unlike the majority of junior grounds, Rugby Park is legally recognised as a Designated Sport Ground. This means that certain by-laws apply that may be unfamiliar to junior supporters. They include:
- No drinking in the street around the ground.
- No drinking in the ground.
- No smoking in the ground.
- No alcohol on buses travelling to or from the game. (Police Scotland have indicated that they intend to carry out searches of all coaches.)
- Any individual or group setting off flares or smoke bombs will be arrested and prosecuted. Doing so will also bring repercussions to the club, so please, do not even consider bringing these with you.
- Plastic drink bottles and cans are not allowed into the stadium. Not even water will be permitted.
- Flags are permitted as long as they are made of fire-retardant material. However, they must not be carried on heavy wooden flagpoles. These will be confiscated. Flags should also not be hung over advertising boards.
- Drums are not permitted.
- Pollok supporters buses should park on Portland Road. Please ensure that your driver knows this before setting off.
- The turnstiles will open at 15:05. Remember, please ensure you are in the ground in plenty of time.
- Pollok fans are to be situated in the Main Stand. Please go to the right place!
At full time, the teams will stay on the pitch for the presentation. Players have been instructed not to approach supporters at this time, but will, of course, be able to do so after the presentations have been made. For the avoidance of doubt, supporters must not enter the field of play at any time during proceedings.
We've come this far, and both clubs are rightly proud to be representing themselves in the final of the ETHX Energy Scottish Junior Cup. All attached to both clubs--officials, players and supporters alike--have a collective responsibility to show their club, the competition and the junior grade in the best possible light to a wider audience. Let's make sure we do!